[dpdk-dev] test-pmd - Rx errors when using 2 cores per port

ran levi ranlevi098 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 12:07:49 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm trying the test-pmd on intel 2 * Xeon 5650 2.67GHz 12 cores server.
When I send 10G on one port handled by one core - i can get line rate (no
misses).
But when I use ip-rss and receive the traffic by 2 queues and 2 cores (on
the same socket)  - I get many rx-misses.
[I can see the traffic equally divided  among the queues with stat_qmap ]

I tried to play a little bit with the burst size, the cache size and the
mbuf pool size -  still get rx misses.

Thanks for any help,

Ran.