[dpdk-dev] Problem with running the load balancer example application

Haowei Yuan hyuan at wustl.edu
Fri Dec 19 19:14:27 CET 2014

Hi Bruce,

Thank you very much for the information. I guess I will just use hugepages then.

At the beginning, the reason for using the --no-huge flag was that
somehow hugepages used by the app was not released (I don't remember
what the exact situation was, it might be that the program failed
somewhere because something was not properly configured), and with 2K
hugepages, after running the app several times, there was no hugepage
left. So I just wanted to try the --no-huge flag as it seemed to be
easy, and I guess there are probably ways to release those hugepages.
Then the warning messages showed up after the --no-huge flag was
added.

At the moment, the app works fine with hugepages.

Thanks,
Haowei