[dpdk-dev] Redirection Table

Stefan Baranoff sbaranoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 14:03:56 CET 2014

All,

Does this mean that an application looking at traffic in something like an
IP/IP or GRE tunnel with only two endpoints on the tunnels but many clients
behind them must do software load balancing as the packets would IP only
(not TCP/UDP) with the same two addresses?

How much of a penalty is there for crossing processor boundaries in that
case and might a 1 CPU server, while less core dense, actually give better
performance/watt?

Thanks,
Stefan

Sent from my smart phone; people don't make typos, Swype does!