[dpdk-dev] No information about needed pcap version

David Marchand david.marchand at 6wind.com
Thu Jan 9 14:47:46 CET 2014

Hello,

Indeed, this check on a define is wrong.

pcap.h does not seem to have information on library version (nor a #define
linked to pcap_sendpacket functionality).

We need to think of a better check but, for now, you can try to #define
PCAP_SEND to 1 in lib/librte_pmd_pcap/rte_eth_pcap.h.
pcap_sendpacket() is undefined for really old versions of libpcap (I think
< 1.0.0).
I suppose we might need something like configure (trying to link against
pcap lib and see if pcap_sendpacket symbol is defined).

Or we can revert 4fc6677d995bb46ddf155ee08a215f41e5ecbfe8 and declare
libpcap < X.X.X unsupported.

--
David Marchand