[dpdk-dev] Comments regarding Flow Director support in PMD IXGBE

Robert Sanford rsanford at prolexic.com
Fri Jan 10 15:33:15 CET 2014

Hello Maxime,

Thank you for taking the time to research these flow director issues and a
more complete solution.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Maxime Leroy <maxime.leroy at 6wind.com>
 wrote:
> But it will be nice to have a small test with ipv6 traffic to be sure
> about this point.
>
> Would you like to provide a patch to remove this useless "if" please ?
>
> (Note: the set_ipv6_mask field of the input_mask structure need to be
> removed too)
> Thus I agree with your analyze, the fdir api is not coherent.
> I think all the parameters of the fdir api should be in network order.
> The testpmd application need to be updated in consequence to provide ip
mask
> in network order (in lib/librte_cmdline/cmdline.c):
> Would you like to provide and test a patch to fix this issue, please ?

Yes, we will do as you suggest:
1. Test with IPv6 traffic.
2. Make appropriate changes to flow director code and testpmd.
3. Update comments in the structure definitions to indicate byte order.
4. Provide the patch.

Robert