[dpdk-dev] Any benefit of using DPDK's makefiles instead of using your own and linking against DPDK library

Venkatesan, Venky venky.venkatesan at intel.com
Tue Jan 14 14:22:59 CET 2014

Dan,

One other thing to think about - as we add more functionality into DPDK (e.g. new libraries for other packet functions), we integrate them into the DPDK framework. If you extract compilation flags and setup your own makefile, you would have to do this re-integration every time you want to pick up a new release. The same applies to newer files added etc. etc. That is the downside.

Regards,
-Venky