[dpdk-dev] Setup script for xen ?

Liu, Jijiang jijiang.liu at intel.com
Wed Jul 9 02:45:58 CEST 2014

The setup script in Dom0 probably can't work.

Could you execute DPDK application on Dom0 as follows:

1. insmod igb_uio.ko
2. insmod rte_dom0_mm.ko
Before compiling DPDK, you should set CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_XEN_DOM0=y
(#
#Compile Xen domain0 support
#
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_XEN_DOM0=y
)

3. echo 2048 > /sys/kernel/mm/dom0-mm/memsize-mB/mem_size
4. start DPDK application with --xen-dom0 option.
./testpmd -c f -n 3  --xen-dom0  -- -i --portmask=0x3

For more details how use DPDK application on Dom0, please look at DPDK Getting Start Guide document .