[dpdk-dev] DPDK Performance issue with l2fwd

Zachary.Jen at cas-well.com Zachary.Jen at cas-well.com
Thu Jul 10 11:29:05 CEST 2014

Hi Alex:

Thanks for your help.

I forget to describe some criteria in my original post.

At first, I has confirmed my 82599 has connected by PCIe Gen3 (Gen3 x8) speed. The theoretical bandwidth can support over 160G in total.
Hence, It should get full speed in my test.

Second, I have ever check the performance w/o DPDK in packet size 1518 in the same environment, and indeed it can get 160G totally (by IRQ balance method).
So, I was so surprised to get this kinds of result in DPDK (I also use size 1518 to test DPDK).

BTW, I can get 120G throughput in 12 ports already. But when I add more than 12 ports, I only can get 100G.
Why the performance gets less than 120G? Why only 10 ports works fine and NO Tx and Rx in the others?
Is it bugs or limitations in DPDK?

Has anyone every do the similar or the same test?