[dpdk-dev] No "pci_unbind.py" in tools subdirectory

BYEONG-GI KIM kimbyeonggi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:39:28 CEST 2014

Hello.

I'm sorry for the repeated question.

I finally compiled DPDK successfully (there was a problem in the source
code what I downloaded), and I'm moving to compile dpdk-ovs.

Before compiling it, I'm trying to binding a network port to igb_uio
module. In the dpdk-getting-started-guide, "pci_unbind.py" utility script
is used to provide a view of the current state of the network ports on the
system, and to bind/unbind those ports from the different kernel modules.

The script, however, was not there in tools directory; There were only
"igb_uio_bind.py". Is it fine as it is, or do I miss something?

I downloaded the DPDK source from http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/refs/, and
the file was dpdk-1.6.0r2.zip. I compiled both x86-64-defaultlinuxapp-gcc
and x86-64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc now.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Byeong-Gi KIM