[dpdk-dev] phantom old packets received in new mbuf

Helmut Sim simhelmut at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:36:03 CEST 2014

I will try it though I hope the amount of logs won't affect the result.
while analyzing the wireshark captures I noted that the packet i supposed
to capture arrives in a short time after the one before.
for example, here is a time between the consecutive transmitted packets:
0.000050000 PKT 12201
0.000050000 PKT 12202
0.000050000 PKT 12203
0.000050000 PKT 12204
0.000050000 PKT 12205
0.000050000 PKT 12206
0.000020000 PKT 12207 ==> though this one was received at the app as "PKT
12202"
0.000050000 PKT 12208

note that the problematic case was transmitted in a very short time after
its previous one. this is also the case in other problematic cases.

is there any way to configure ethernet IFG (Interf Frame Gap)?

Thanks,