[dpdk-dev] Fwd: CPU does not support x86-64 instruction set

Alex Markuze alex at weka.io
Tue Jun 24 10:12:36 CEST 2014

Thomas Thanks for your reply,
I've resolved the issue in a similar way by modifying the VM xml config
file with this line
<cpu mode='host-passthrough’/>.

I was wondering if a Makefile/.config solution exists w/o modifying an
existing VM in cases where its not possible.
I've tried to modify the .config file with 'CONFIG_RTE_MACHINE="native" ->
CONFIG_RTE_MACHINE="x86-64"'
But it didn't seem to matter (I didn't explore this much farther, I
dint really try a clean build and didn't make sure that the .config file
I've modified was read).

Alex.