[dpdk-dev] Which vmxnet3 pmd is to be used in dpdk 1.6.x?

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Thu Mar 6 07:50:27 CET 2014

Hi,

Some further update on the crash I am facing.
I am using DPDK1.6.0r1 and take over the vmxnet3 with igb_uio and then start the application. (so no external ko or vmxnet usermap etc.)
During the port initializations, the crash is happening in the following function -

eth_vmxnet3_dev_init

and the crash is happening at the following line -
/* Check h/w version compatibility with driver. */
    ver = VMXNET3_READ_BAR1_REG(hw, VMXNET3_REG_VRRS);

Any hints regarding what could be wrong ?

Regards
-Prashant