[dpdk-dev] Which vmxnet3 pmd is to be used in dpdk 1.6.x?

Srinivasan J srinidpdk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 04:38:02 CET 2014

Prashant,
             Are you still hitting a crash? Do you have hugetlbfs
enabled? if not try adding enabling hugetlbfs. I was able to get
vxnet3 up using the vmxnet3 pmd alone in DPDK 1.60r1. I did not use
the vmxnet3-usermap kernel driver. I am using Esxi 5.5

Eg: echo 1024 > /proc/sys/vm/nr_hugepages; mkdir /huge; mount -t
hugetlbfs nodev /huge;