[dpdk-dev] Topology question

Meir Tseitlin mirots at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:25:50 CET 2014

Hi guys,

I am running DPDK on native Linux environment. I also running Windows 7
under KVM virtualized environment for GUI purposes.

What is the best way of creating Layer 2 communication channel between
Windows application (which uses winpcap) and DPDK application running under
Linux. Performance is not important here, as it used for control purposes
only.

I somehow need to exchange packets with KVM virtual Linux driver. According
to my understanding, KNI device must be bounded to physical NIC only.

Thanks