[dpdk-dev] Valgrind and DPDK - does it work ?

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Nov 7 02:04:47 CET 2014

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 01:22:49AM +0100, Marc Sune wrote:
> Found some time to have a close look. I also wanted to check a DPDK app
> against valgrind. It works!
>
> I downloaded and compiled valgrind from sources (3.10.0) and applied
> (manually) this patch:
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=85950&action=edit
>
> (Applied around line 2216)
>
> From this post:
>
> http://valgrind.10908.n7.nabble.com/mpich-unable-to-munmap-hugepages-td49150.html
>
> Happy debugging
> Marc

Marc,

This is just AMAZING!!! I have wished for it for many years for DPDK, ever
since I used it in beta before it went GA.

Would it be possible to post your modification of Valgrind in Github,
Bitbucket, or some other repo? I'd like to try this out on my app, too.

Also, not sure if anybody sent this upstream to Valgrind, but if not, we
really should, so it just works by default from now on.

Thanks,
Matthew.