[dpdk-dev] [PATCH v5 0/7] rte_hash_crc reworked to be platform-independent
e_zhumabekov at sts.kz
Thu Nov 20 06:15:44 CET 2014
These patches bring a fallback mechanism to ensure that CRC32 hash is calculated regardless of hardware support from CPU (i.e. SSE4.2 intrinsics).
Performance is also improved by slicing data in 8 bytes.
Patches were tested on machines either with and without SSE4.2 support.
Software implementation seems to be about 4-5 times slower than SSE4.2-enabled one. Of course, they return identical results.
Summary of changes:
* added CRC32 software implementation, which is used as a fallback in case SSE4.2 is not available, or if SSE4.2 is intentionally disabled.
* added rte_hash_crc_set_alg() function to control availability of SSE4.2.
* added rte_hash_crc_8byte() function to calculate CRC32 on 8-byte operand.
* reworked rte_hash_crc() function which leverages both versions of CRC32 hash calculation functions with 4 and 8-byte operands.
* removed compile-time checks from test_hash_perf and test_hash.
* setting default algorithm implementation as a constructor while application startup.
* SSE4.2 intrinsics are implemented through inline assembly code.
* added additional run-time check for 64-bit support.
Yerden Zhumabekov (7):
hash: add software CRC32 implementation
hash: add assembly implementation of CRC32 intrinsics
hash: replace built-in functions implementing SSE4.2
hash: add rte_hash_crc_8byte function
hash: add fallback to software CRC32 implementation
hash: rte_hash_crc() slices data into 8-byte pieces
test: remove redundant compile checks
app/test/test_hash.c | 7 -
app/test/test_hash_perf.c | 11 -
lib/librte_hash/rte_hash_crc.h | 459 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
3 files changed, 448 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
More information about the dev