[dpdk-dev] Newbie question: compiling virtio-net-pmd v1.2 fails with dpdk 1.7 on a VM

Tapio Tallgren tapio.tallgren at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:14:35 CET 2014

Hi,

I am probably doing something obviously wrong but I cannot figure it out
right now..
I have dpdk version 1.7.1 installed and compiled (from the git repository)
and virtio-net-pmd driver version v1.2 from git.dpdk.org. When I try to
compile virtio-net-pmd with

make RTE_INCLUDE=../dpdk/build/include

I get errors like this:

virtio_user.c: In function rte_rmxbuf_alloc:
virtio_user.c:208:44: error: macro "__rte_mbuf_sanity_check" passed 3
arguments, but takes just 2

Looks like a version conflict? Dpdk 1.7 should support virtio-pmd so what
am I doing wrong?

--
-Tapio