[dpdk-dev] [PATCH v8 0/7] link bonding
declan.doherty at intel.com
Mon Nov 24 17:33:35 CET 2014
- Missing typo fix
- Missing whitespace
- Fixes for checkpatch issues and typo fixes
- Removed patch "test app: adding support for generating variable sized" as this
was already committed in commit aca4360340f169dcc11b1a9be955b44de8b9f6eb
- Re-based to dpdk.org addressing associated issues for MBUF_REFCNT
- Added details to testpmd user guide for new command to set link status polling interval.
- Fix uninitialized variable in broadcast_tx_burst function which caused a
build error in 32-bit build
- Address unit test issue which is exposed by new test in mode 4/5 patch sets
- Re-based to account for changes in master.
- Fix for rte_eth_bond_slaves_get() introduced in v3 patch set
- Addressed issue around disabling/enabling link status polling around adding/
removing slaves devices.
- Typo fix for the bond free mbufs patch.
- Re-based to account for changes in the mbuf patches.
- Add support for slave devices which don't support link status interrupts
- Tidy up the link bonding unit test so that all tests use the new test macros.
Addresses issues with the logic around the handling of fail transmissions.
In this version all modes behave in a manner similar to a standard PMD,
returning the number of successfully transmitted mbufs and with the failing
mbufs at the end of bufs array for freeing / retransmission by the
This patch set adds support for link status interrupt in the link bonding
pmd. It also contains some patches to tidy up the code structure and to
of the link bonding code and to fix bugs relating to transmission
failures in the under lying slave pmd which could lead to leaked mbufs.
Declan Doherty (7):
bond: link status interrupt support
bond: removing switch statement from rx burst method
bond: fix naming inconsistency in tx_burst_round_robin
bond: free mbufs if transmission fails in bonding tx_burst functions
testpmd: adding parameter to reconfig method to set socket_id when
adding new port to portlist
bond: lsc polling support
bond: unit test test macro refactor
app/test-pmd/cmdline.c | 65 +-
app/test-pmd/testpmd.c | 3 +-
app/test-pmd/testpmd.h | 2 +-
app/test/packet_burst_generator.c | 11 +-
app/test/packet_burst_generator.h | 15 +-
app/test/test.h | 7 +-
app/test/test_link_bonding.c | 3371 ++++++++++++++-------------
app/test/virtual_pmd.c | 95 +-
app/test/virtual_pmd.h | 53 +-
doc/guides/testpmd_app_ug/testpmd_funcs.rst | 19 +
lib/librte_pmd_bond/rte_eth_bond.h | 80 +
lib/librte_pmd_bond/rte_eth_bond_api.c | 319 ++-
lib/librte_pmd_bond/rte_eth_bond_args.c | 28 +-
lib/librte_pmd_bond/rte_eth_bond_pmd.c | 553 ++++--
lib/librte_pmd_bond/rte_eth_bond_private.h | 71 +-
15 files changed, 2719 insertions(+), 1973 deletions(-)
More information about the dev