[dpdk-dev] i40e: Steps and required configurations of how to achieve the best performance!

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Wed Oct 15 11:41:39 CEST 2014

Hi Helin,

2014-09-19 03:43, Zhang, Helin:
> My idea on it could be,
> 1.       Write a script to use ‘setpci’ to configure pci configuration.
> End user can decide which PCI device needs to be changed.
> 2.       Add code to change that PCI configuration in i40e PMD only, as
> it seems nobody else need it till now.

The second solution seems better because more integrated and automatic.
But I would like to have some EAL functions to access to PCI configuration.
These functions would have Linux and BSD implementations.
Then the PMD could change the configuration if it's allowed by a run-time
option and would notify the change with a warning/log.

Thanks for keeping us notified of your progress.
--
Thomas