[dpdk-dev] Cannot mmap device resource in DPDK 1.7.0 multi-process/multi-thread

Mario Gianni m.gianni at engineer.com
Fri Oct 24 17:03:02 CEST 2014

So you are telling me that in order to implement multi-process I should better use the l2fwd_fork example instead of client_server_mp.
In fact if I use the client_server_mp with a lot of mp_client threads it gives me the error.
If instead I use the l2fwd_fork example it doesn't give me the error.

One more question at this point:
Assume that I use l2fwd_fork, when I launch the secondary process, how do I assign the lcore coremask associated with that process?

Mario