[dpdk-dev] VIRTIO indication

Yan Freedland YanF at Radware.com
Tue Oct 28 18:21:37 CET 2014

Hi

In my multi process system I need to support 2 modes of work: pass through and VIRTIO.
I saw that in order to work in a VIRTIO mode I need to update the txq_flags (part of the rte_eth_txconf structure) as follows:
.txq_flags = ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOMULTSEGS | ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOOFFLOADS

In pass - through however, this parameter should remain 0 (default value). Apparently I need to update this parameter in runtime. Is there any flag that can give me any indication on a mode I am running in.

Thank you,
Yan