[dpdk-dev] TCP/IP stack for DPDK

Alexander Nasonov alnsn at yandex.ru
Tue Sep 9 23:30:01 CEST 2014

Matthew Hall wrote:
> The pflua guys made a user-space copy of Linux BPF JIT. I'm planning to use
> that because it was almost as fast as pflua with a lot fewer usage headaches
> and dependencies.

Ah, I see.

> I'm making an MIT licensed app... so it isn't an issue for me personally if
> there is some GPL2 Linux code present. I don't think anybody made a non-rump
> version of the BSD one yet or I'd use that... I'm trying not to stray too far
> from the app's original purposes until it has some working features present.

sys/net/bpfjit.c in NetBSD should be very easy to adapt to Linux.
I was often testing it on Linux in userspace (without mbuf support).
At the moment, I'm only allowed to work on some NetBSD projects and
I can't adapt bpfjit to anything outside of NetBSD but when I last
compiled bpfjit on Linux, it took me about a minute to fix compilation.

Please try github version, it's not up-to-date but it worked on Linux:

https://github.com/alnsn/bpfjit

Alex