[dpdk-dev] rte_ring's dequeue appears to be slow

Dor Green dorgreen1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:58:23 CEST 2015

Dequeuing is done in bulk (that's what shows as CPU consuming, as
well). Enqueuing is not due to some constraint we have.

It seemed likely that the dequeue function is falsely blamed for
taking up CPU, but in my tests there are constant incoming packets so
I don't see when it will poll and receive no packets.
Any other ideas to check?