[dpdk-dev] Performance regression in DPDK 1.8/2.0

Paul Emmerich emmericp at net.in.tum.de
Tue Apr 28 13:48:23 CEST 2015

Hi,

De Lara Guarch, Pablo <pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com>:
> Could you tell me which changes you made here? I see you are using simple tx code path on 1.8.0,
> but with the default values, you should be using vector tx,
> unless you have changed anything in the tx configuration.

sorry, I might have written that down wrong or read the output wrong.
I did not modify the l2fwd example.

> So, just for clarification,
> for l2fwd you used E3-1230 v2 (Ivy Bridge), at 1.6 GHz or 3.3 GHz?

At 1.6 GHz as it is simply too fast at 3.3 GHz ;)

I’ll probably write a minimal example that shows my
problem with tx only sometime next week.
I just used the l2fwd example to illustrate my point
with a 'builtin‘ example.

Paul