[dpdk-dev] [RFC] examples: remove l3fwd-vf example

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Tue Aug 4 19:12:29 CEST 2015

Right now, l3fwd is not able to work properly for cases where number of forwarding  lcores
exceeds number of tx queues on any active port.
As an example:
2 forwarding lcores and a port with just 1 TX queue (e1000 legacy device).

 To make l3fwd work for such cases you need to add some sort of synchronisation on TX path.
 Which means one of 2 ways:
 either introduce different TX path into l3fwd (one with sync if legacy/virual device is used, another without)
 and select it on process startup/config phase,
 or sync overhead for fastpath.

Konstantin