[dpdk-dev] [ 2nd try ] Lookup mechanim in DPDK HASH table.

Yeddula, Avinash ayeddula at ciena.com
Mon Aug 17 18:35:06 CEST 2015

+ Mike ( My team mate)
Hi Jasvinder, It's not a bidirectional packet flow. The pipeline looks something like this.

Ingress port-----Table 1 ----Table-2 ----- Mac_Table ----- Table4 ---- Egress port.

Before the frame goes reaches table 4, we do 2 lookups at the mac table.
1. src lookup ( To learn the MAC on the bridge)
2. dst lookup ( Flooding if dst MAC look up fails else Unicast/forward if dst lookup success).

Here are the keys we are using.
Src lookup key  -  Src MAC (src MAC in the frame) + Bridge ID ( Bridge on which it arrived).
Dst lookup key  - Dst MAC (dst MAC in the frame) + Bridge ID ( Bridge on which it arrived)

Thanks
-Avinash