[dpdk-dev] working example commands for ethertype/flow_director_filter ?

Navneet Rao navneet.rao at oracle.com
Mon Aug 24 20:56:14 CEST 2015

testpmd>  mac_addr add 0 00:10:E0:3B:3B:50

testpmd> set promisc all on

testpmd>  ethertype_filter 0 add mac_addr 00:10:E0:3B:3B:50  ethertype 0x0806 fwd queue 1

ethertype filter programming error: (Invalid argument)

testpmd>  ethertype_filter 0 add mac_addr 00:10:E0:3B:3B:50 ethertype 0x0806 fwd queue 1

ethertype filter programming error: (Invalid argument)

testpmd>  ethertype_filter 0 add mac_ignr ethertype 0x0806 fwd queue 1

Bad arguments

Has anyone been able to get this to work!!!

All I want to is steer the traffic on port0 to go to some other queue (instead of default 0)

And I want to filter on the mac_address.so using the ethertype_filter.

Thanks

-Navneet