[dpdk-dev] building LIBRTE_PMD_XENVIRT in 32bit triggers some errors

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:48:35 CET 2015

On 9 December 2015 at 18:05, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:
> 2015-12-09 15:54, Martinx - ジェームズ:
>>  Sorry to insist on this subject but, the time for releasing DPDK 2.2
>> is near and DPDK build with Xen 32-bit is broken.
>>
>>  If DPDK doesn't fix this, there will be no way to enable XenVirt
>> support for next Ubuntu LTS 16.04, which is a shame...
>>
>>  I'm planning to use DPDK on Xen domUs (PVM, HVM, XenServer and on
>> Amazon EC2) powered exclusively by a supported version of Ubuntu but,
>> it is broken now...
>>
>>  So, please, can someone take a look into this?    :-P
>>
>>  Thanks in advance!
>
> Sorry, this area has no maintainer:
>         http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/MAINTAINERS#n169
>
> In such case, it may be logic to remove the dead code.
> If someone wants to make it alive, he's welcome!

Hi Thomas,

 Listen, if DPDK on Xen has no maintainer, where can I find the
current state of DPDK on Xen?

 I mean, I'm planning to use DPDK with Xen on the following environments:

 * Amazon EC2 - HVM Enhanced Networking - *priority*
 * XenServer
 * Open Source Xen on Debian / Ubuntu (both PVM / HVM)

 But, if Xen support on DPDK has no maintainer, how to you guys are
running DPDK on top of Xen (like for example, within Amazon EC2)?

 If I google for "DPDK Xen", I can find lots of good information but,
I can't find recommended setup / drivers...

 Do you have any recommendation?

 Thank you!

Best,
Thiago