[dpdk-dev] problem vhost-user sockets

Pavel Fedin p.fedin at samsung.com
Tue Dec 15 15:21:25 CET 2015

 Hello!

> I'm thinking you can't simply unlink a file given by a user inside
> a libraray unconditionaly. Say, what if a user gives a wrong socket
> path?

 Well... We can improve the security by checking that:

a) The file exists and it's a socket.
b) Nobody is listening on it.

> I normally write a short script to handle it automatically.

 I know, you can always hack up some kludges, just IMHO it's not production-grade solution. What if you are cloud administrator, and
you have 1000 users, each of them using 100 vhost-user interfaces? List all of them in some script? Too huge job, i would say.
 And without it the thing just appears to be too fragile, requiring manual maintenance after a single stupid failure.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia