[dpdk-dev] DPDP crash with sr-iov (with ESXi 5.5 hypervisor)

Lu, Wenzhuo wenzhuo.lu at intel.com
Wed Dec 23 08:28:40 CET 2015

Hi Vithal,
The number of VF queues is decided by PF. Suppose you use kernel driver for PF. So the queue number is decided by PF kernel driver.
I have a 82599ES, and find no matter ixgbevf or dpdk igb_uio is used, the rx queue number is 2. Frankly, I believe 2 is the expected number. Surprised that you get 8 when using ixgbevf.
Hope this can help. Thanks.