[dpdk-dev] [RFC 0/5] virtio support for container

Pavel Fedin p.fedin at samsung.com
Wed Dec 30 10:46:40 CET 2015

 Hello everybody!

 I am currently working on improved version of this patchset, and i am testing it with openvswitch. I run two openvswitch instances:
on host and in container. Both ovs instances forward packets between its LOCAL port and vhost/virtio port. This way i can
comfortably run PING between my host and container.
 The problem is that the patchset seems to be broken somehow. ovs-vswitchd fails to open dpdk0 device, and if i set --log-level=9
for DPDK, i see this in the console:
--- cut ---
Broadcast message from systemd-journald at localhost.localdomain (Wed 2015-12-30 11:13:00 MSK):

ovs-vswitchd[557]: EAL: TSC frequency is ~3400032 KHz

Broadcast message from systemd-journald at localhost.localdomain (Wed 2015-12-30 11:13:00 MSK):

ovs-vswitchd[560]: EAL: memzone_reserve_aligned_thread_unsafe(): memzone <RG_MP_ovs_mp_1500_0_262144> already exists

Broadcast message from systemd-journald at localhost.localdomain (Wed 2015-12-30 11:13:00 MSK):

ovs-vswitchd[560]: RING: Cannot reserve memory

 How can i debug this?

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia