[dpdk-dev] Is there an interrupt mode PMD for virtio

Stephen Hemminger stephen at networkplumber.org
Thu Dec 31 18:09:37 CET 2015

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:51:43 +0800
HePeng <xnhp0320 at icloud.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am asking if there is an interrupt mode PMD for virtio driver.
> I check with l3fwd-power code, it is based on VFIO driver. However,
> it seems that current virtio driver does not support VFIO.
>
> Thanks.
> HePeng

I have a version that was posted once, that works but it required a different
version of uio driver that provided MSI support. Since that uio driver required
patching the kernel, and the kernel maintainer of UIO didn't want that patch,
that work was abandoned.  The intention is to use VFIO in no-IOMMU mode instead.

Once VFIO with no-IOMMU is working, I will rework the virtio (and vmxnet3)
changes to support that. If you want to help or do it your self, I can send
the old code.