[dpdk-dev] Ethernet API - multiple post-RX-burst callbacks' run-order is opposite to their add-order

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Fri Jul 10 15:52:32 CEST 2015

Hi Thomas,

> Don't hesitate to use Suggested-by: to give credits.

I wasn't aware of that. I'll use it in future.

> > If the patch is accepted I'll add a note to the release notes also.
>
> Why not doing the release notes change atomicly in the same patch?

Mainly, because there isn't currently a clear place to do that in the release notes. I could change the "New Features" section to "New Features in 2.0" and then add a "New Features in 2.1". Or perhaps this needs to go into a "Changed Features in 2.1" section. If you have a suggestion I'll follow it.

And I support your previous suggestion of updating the release notes in patchsets. That would make things easier for the release notes maintainers (me and you mainly).

Perhaps I'll kick off a separate thread of discussion on refactoring the release notes to make them more useful and easier to update.

John.