[dpdk-dev] ACL: Creation of ACL context with multiple tries

Sugumaran, Varthamanan vsugumar at ciena.com
Mon Jul 20 20:15:30 CEST 2015

Hi All,
Need your inputs on the following queries on ACL contexts.

1. Has anyone tried creating ACL context with multiple tries?
2. The document/code mentioned that we can have the maximum of 8 tries(RTE_ACL_MAX_TRIES) per ACL context.
     What is the use case for having more than single trie?
3. If we can create ACL context using multiple tries, then is it possible to have trie per category in ACL context?
    Meaning I want to create a single ACL context(that had both ipv4 and ipv6 rules)  which  have 2 tries with one for ipv4 rules and another one for ipv6 rules.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
Vartha