[dpdk-dev] problem with packet generation application on DPDK

Sridhar Ramasamy rsridhar at rams.colostate.edu
Wed Jun 3 20:21:17 CEST 2015

Hi,
I am trying run the packet generation application on DPDK. When I run the
application it is not configuring any ports. When I try to attach a port it
was not working. Below is the screen shot

Lua 5.2.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2015 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
>>> Packet Burst 32, RX Desc 512, TX Desc 512, mbufs/port 4096, mbuf cache
512

=== port to lcore mapping table (# lcores 4) ===
   lcore:     0     1     2     3     4
Total   :  0: 0  0: 0  0: 0  0: 0  0: 0
    Display and Timer on lcore 0, rx:tx counts per port/lcore

Configuring 1 ports, MBUF Size 1920, MBUF Cache Size 512
Lcore:

Port :

                                                                      Total
memory used =      0 KB

=== Display processing on lcore 0
WARNING: Nothing to do on lcore 1: exiting
WARNING: Nothing to do on lcore 2: exiting
WARNING: Nothing to do on lcore 4: exiting

Please let me know if there is anything that I am missing.
Thank you
-sridhar