[dpdk-dev] KNIC to Kernel IP interface mapping

Abdul, Jaffar jabdul at ciena.com
Tue Jun 9 00:13:49 CEST 2015

HI

Is there any many to one mapping schemes available for KNIC interface. Let's say I have 5 kernel IP interfaces and I want to map all the five interfaces to one KNIC (single KNIC), so we can transmit all the frames to KNIC from all the five kernel IP interfaces and when we get the packet from forwarding plane we can put the packet into KNIC and give the packet to corresponding Kernel IP interfaces.

We have one to one mapping available according to the documentation but if I have too many IP interfaces I don't want to use too many KNIC as well to provide one to one mapping

Thanks in advance!

Please let me know if you have any suggestion/ideas to solve this problem!

Thanks
Jaffar