[dpdk-dev] deadline notice

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at netinsight.net
Thu Jun 11 10:45:53 CEST 2015

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:33:21 +0200
Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:

> 2015-06-11 09:27, Simon Kagstrom:
> > On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:39:59 +0200
> > Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:
> >
> > I didn't find this in the list:
> >
> >   rte_reorder: Allow sequence numbers > 0 as starting point
>
> It was considered more or less as a fix.
>
> > and I think it would be good to have as well.
>
> Yes of course.

OK, thanks!

It would be good to have some sort of feedback on accepted patches
though - in addition to the above one, I also sent a build-fix

  kni: Use utsrelease.h to determine Ubuntu kernel version

which I also think would be good to have (basically, building in a
chroot is broken otherwise). I haven't had time to test the patch on
older Ubuntus though.

So, while this is an old discussion by now, I think DPDK is large
enough to warrant some more infrastructure for patch submissions - at
least in the form of build-tests for patches, and preferrably some sort
of status marker for accepted patches. Basically what Github/Travis-ci
etc already provides.

// Simon