[dpdk-dev] clang build failing in v2.0.0 from poisoned symbols

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Jun 19 06:31:02 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 08:37:46PM -0700, Matthew Hall wrote:
> dpdk/lib/librte_mbuf/rte_mbuf.h:68:20: error: poisoning existing macro [-Werror]

Hi all,

I finally figured out what happened. My older DPDK build configuration file
had defined the poisoned macros to try to enable the features they used to
cover, which had been obsoleted and/or replaced.

I am happy to be able to report that my app compiled with no changes once I
rebased my locally tweaked DPDK onto the v2.0.0 tag... very impressive work...
we might not be binary compatible but we definitely seem to be source
compatible for my app at least. Considering most people use the static library
this is not a bad state to start with I'd say.

Matthew.