[dpdk-dev] rte_lpm with larger nexthops or another method?

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Tue Jun 23 08:30:24 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:51:02PM -0400, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> In order to make Vyatta/Brocade router work with LPM code
> I ended up redoing the layout. It is:
>
> And also several other scalability improvements (plus IPv6)
> and the correct handling of /32.
>
> Unfortunately, this is such a big binary change that I was
> reluctant to break any tests or applications using existing code
> and therefore never submitted the patches.

1. What you and Vladimir have done to this code kicks total ass and will be a
huge help so I am very excited to squeeze in some cycles somewhere to test all
of this stuff out ASAP.

2. Vladimir's changes were somewhat smaller, but Stephen yours are larger.
Stephen, if you could place them into a cloned copy of DPDK or a branch
somewhere for convenient pickup, I think I could help you make a lot of progress.

I could help test these fixes in a second app besides your own to get some
cross validation, and help make the required cleanups, so we could get a bit
more external validation before we try to negotiate a safe way to merge them
upstream to Bruce since he is marked as the LPM maintainer.

My DPDK fork is located here, for example, but it could really be anywhere you
like to put it which I could access. Or even a one-off zip or tarball with the
git repo inside and I could host it in my fork or give you access on the fork
to push it as a second remote if you are OK to do that...

https://github.com/megahall/dpdk_mhall

Matthew.