[dpdk-dev] Issue with rte_compat versioning macros

Gajdzica, MaciejX T maciejx.t.gajdzica at intel.com
Tue Jun 23 09:45:51 CEST 2015

Here is my qos_sched example build log:

gcc -m64 -pthread  -march=native -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE2 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE3 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSSE3 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_1 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_2 -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_AES -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_PCLMULQDQ -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_AVX -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_RDRAND -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_FSGSBASE -DRTE_MACHINE_CPUFLAG_F16C -DRTE_COMPILE_TIME_CPUFLAGS=RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE2,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE3,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSSE3,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_1,RTE_CPUFLAG_SSE4_2,RTE_CPUFLAG_AES,RTE_CPUFLAG_PCLMULQDQ,RTE_CPUFLAG_AVX,RTE_CPUFLAG_RDRAND,RTE_CPUFLAG_FSGSBASE,RTE_CPUFLAG_F16C  -I/mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/examples/qos_sched/build/include -I/mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/include -include /mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/include/rte_config.h -O3 -W -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wnested-externs -Wcast-qual -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-uninitialized  -Wl,-Map=qos_sched.map,--cref -o qos_sched main.o args.o init.o app_thread.o cfg_file.o cmdline.o stats.o -Wl,--no-as-needed -Wl,-export-dynamic -L/mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/examples/qos_sched/build/lib -L/mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/lib  -L/mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/lib -Wl,--whole-archive -Wl,-lrte_distributor -Wl,-lrte_reorder -Wl,-lrte_kni -Wl,-lrte_pipeline -Wl,-lrte_table -Wl,-lrte_port -Wl,-lrte_timer -Wl,-lrte_hash -Wl,-lrte_jobstats -Wl,-lrte_lpm -Wl,-lrte_power -Wl,-lrte_acl -Wl,-lrte_meter -Wl,-lrte_sched -Wl,-lm -Wl,-lrt -Wl,--start-group -Wl,-lrte_kvargs -Wl,-lrte_mbuf -Wl,-lrte_ip_frag -Wl,-lethdev -Wl,-lrte_malloc -Wl,-lrte_mempool -Wl,-lrte_ring -Wl,-lrte_eal -Wl,-lrte_cmdline -Wl,-lrte_cfgfile -Wl,-lrte_pmd_bond -Wl,-lrt -Wl,-lm -Wl,-ldl -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--no-whole-archive
cfg_file.o: In function `cfg_load_subport':
/mnt/shared/mtgajdzx/workspace/cmd_patch/examples/qos_sched/cfg_file.c:485: undefined reference to `rte_cfgfile_section_entries'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [qos_sched] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Linker couldn't find versioned function when dpdk is build as shared lib.

Best Regards
Maciek