[dpdk-dev] Queries on Pktgen

Shankari Vaidyalingam shankari.v2k6 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 08:53:09 CET 2015

Hi,

For testing an application that I'd developed,  I'd like to send LLDP
frames from pktgen to the NIC port and then use DPDK to receive packets
from the port and process the packets.

I have a PCAP file which contains LLDP frames in it.
I heard that pktgen has the ability to generate the packets specified in
input pcap file.
I checked the options available with pktgen and can see only -s and -f
options to be relevant.
But -s option seems to indicate the output pcap file, and -f option is for
specifying the Lua script or command list to execute.

Hence please let me know which option I need to use for specifying the
input pcap file from which the pktgen should generate the packets from,
 Also would like to know how I can specify the transmit and receive ports
separately in the pktgen commandline

Regards
Shankari.V