[dpdk-dev] Interactive/dynamic QoS scheduler

Alexandre Frigon alexandre.frigon at ericsson.com
Wed Mar 18 18:09:30 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm currently working with the QoS api. I would like to know if it is possible to have interaction at runtime with the parameter applied to pipes, subport and queue.

Looking at the Scheduler sample, I understand that all of these parameters are predetermined using profiles in the config file.
What I would like to do is interact with the scheduler to change subport, pipe and tc rate or size with arbitrary value at runtime to have control over traffic.

For example:
The scheduler sample is running and at any given time I want a  number of pipe to drop from 10Gbit to 4.5 Gbit and then put it back to 8Gbit.
Profiles are not useful in this case because I would have to set a different profile for each value from rate 1bit to 10Gbit.

Is it actually possible to do that and how?

Thanks,
Alexandre F.