[dpdk-dev] "FATAL: Module uio not found" for dpdk usage on Amazon AWS

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Wed Mar 18 22:45:24 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 06:41:05PM +0000, Naveen Gamini wrote:
> When I tried to install dpdk on Amazon AWS ubuntu based linux, I see uio
> module error. Can anyone help me to how to load uio module on ubuntu linux
> so that IGB UIO module.

Amazon Cloud Images usually include minimized kernel packages with Cloud
drivers only. You usually have to fix it by reinstalling the server kernel
which has the full driver set. On Ubuntu these two packages will usually fix
it for me on minimal Ubuntu Cloud images / vagrant images / etc.

linux-generic linux-headers-generic

Matthew.