[dpdk-dev] Packet data out of bounds after rte_eth_rx_burst

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Mon Mar 23 22:24:59 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 05:19:00PM +0200, Dor Green wrote:
> I changed it to free and it still happens. Note that the segmentation fault
> happens before that anyway.
>
> I am using 1.7.1 at the moment. I can try using a newer version.

I'm using 1.7.X in my open-source DPDK-based app and it works, but I have an
IGB 1-gigabit NIC though, and how RX / TX work are quite driver specific of
course.

I suspect there's some issue with how things are working in your IXGBE NIC
driver / setup. Do the same failures occur inside of the DPDK's own sample
apps?

Matthew.