[dpdk-dev] tools brainstorming

Neil Horman nhorman at tuxdriver.com
Tue Mar 24 00:01:14 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 04:56:32PM -0500, Jim Thompson wrote:

> >> Not all the world is Linux.
> > Your point being?
> >
> > Are you suggesting another method for providing configuration fuzzing?  If so,
> > please do so instead of making vague snarky comments that have nothing to do
> > with the conversation at hand.
> > Neil
>
> My point is that your usage of “the kernel” and various kernel makefile targets here is specific to linux, and DPDK is supported on both linux and FreeBSD.

Again, your point?  The thread topic was brainstorming ways to automate and
improve testing of the DPDK.  I pointed to the linux kernel for sources of ideas
for how we might accomplish that same goal in the DPDK (specifically by using
makefile targets to randomize and fuzz the build time configuration).

You instead seem to be focusing on the minutae of my language.  Thats not in any
way the point of my posts.  Please go back and re-read the thread before you
misguidedly decide that my thoughts are simply here to bias the build
environment in any particular direction.

Better still, if you can point to some idea that can be used to improve
automated testing, which was the purpose of this conversation at the start, that
would be great.

Neil