[dpdk-dev] dpdk 2.0.0: Issue mapping mempool into guest using IVSHMEM

Mauricio Vásquez mauricio.vasquezbernal at studenti.polito.it
Tue May 19 16:21:32 CEST 2015

Thank you for your answer Bruce,

I think you refer to the example "l2fwd-ivshmem", Don't you?
I compiled and run it, it works.

I was reviewing the code and I found that the function rte_mempool_lookup
is not used in the guest.
In the host a structure containing pointers to the rings is allocated using
rte_memzone_reserve and then mapped to the guest with
rte_ivshmem_metadata_add_memzone.
In the guest rte_memzone_lookup is used to lookup for this structure.

It's clear to me that I could use this approach to do what I want to do,
but I don't understand why rte_mempool_lookup does not work in my case.

Thanks in advance.