[dpdk-dev] Permanently binding NIC ports with DPDK drivers

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 13:17:40 CET 2015

On 11/13/2015 01:44 PM, Montorsi, Francesco wrote:
> Hi Panu,

Oops, fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out, the line between sh and
bash is (too) blurry on Fedora & friends.

> Unfortunately I'm forced to run my sw on SLES 11.3 (which btw uses
> kernel 3.0.76 which I don't know if is compatible with VFIO) and there
> the output of "list-devices" is plain empty. I will try to look at
> what's happening...

list-devices currently only lists devices which support driver
overriding[*], which is a relatively new kernel feature and would be
missing from 3.0.76:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-April/msg00222.html

It might well be possible to fall back to the "old style" bind system if
the kernel doesn't support driver_override. I've no immediate plans to
look into that but lets just say patches would at least be considered :)

	- Panu -