[dpdk-dev] Coverity policy for upstream (base) drivers.

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Nov 13 19:49:11 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:12:04AM +0000, Mcnamara, John wrote:
> If people haven't already done so I would urge them to sign up and view/fix the defects.
>
>     https://scan.coverity.com/users/sign_up
>     https://scan.coverity.com/projects/4005 (DPDK)

Hi John,

I got signed up. Thanks for spearheading this.

>From past experience squashing SA defects on my own code and several previous
employers I would like to recommend we band together and configure a SonarQube
instance.

http://www.sonarqube.org/

This is a really awesome SA, QA, Unit Test, etc. Data aggregation tool.

It gives a really nice executive-level view of what is going on in the code.

I wrote some custom scripts that integrated between SonarQube and git to email
people who checked in new SA defects across all of the aggregated SA tools
included in the SonarQube universe.

Matthew.