[dpdk-dev] difficulty w/ RTE_NEXT_ABI

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Sun Nov 22 01:25:18 CET 2015

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:44:20AM +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> The new mbuf provides packet type instead of flags.
> So the processing in this function is changed and the variable name is
> different to reflect this.

But the data type of the variable is the same, and this is an internal
always_inline function.

So again I am confused what advantage we got from RTE_NEXT_ABI here, and how
you have multiple copies of RTE_NEXT_ABI on a single symbol when it is a
binary variable.

This doesn't really answer the bigger question about the reasoning.

Matthew.