[dpdk-dev] running dpdk 2.1 on openstak causes CPU soft lockup

Nissim Nisimov NissimN at Radware.com
Mon Nov 23 20:44:09 CET 2015

Hi,

I am running DPDK 2.1.0 based app on OpenStack KVM guest.  OS of guest is Ubuntu LTS 14.04 3.13 kernel.
virtio.

After upgrade to dpdk 2.1 (previous version was dpdk 1.8 and it worked fine) we are seeing the following issue:

[960.004535] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#3 stuck for 23s! [ip:8419]

The message will be printed in an endless loop and the system won't recover.

Is it a known issue in dpdk 2.1? any patch I can apply in order to overcome this?

Thx
Nissim